Wow, the year 2019 was quite something. The takeover of Automic by Broadcom has left its mark, the landscape of service providers changed and I have launched a new learning platform for Automic users.
But let’s look at it one after the other.
The Automic Blog in 2019
This year, I didn’t write many technical articles for the blog. Instead, I tried to report regularly about service and support around Automic. For example in the following articles:
- What’s Going on at UC4 / Automic / CA / Broadcom
- Broadcom Communication Gains Momentum
- New Strategic Broadcom Partner: Capture
- My (Personal) Overview of Automic Service Providers
In addition to me, many guest authors were active on the blog last year and jumped into the breach with various technical articles when I just did not find the time to write:
- Sebastian Schramm: Deployment Automation with CDA
- Sebastian Weha: Testautomation with best4Automic
- Joel Wiesmann: The Automic REST Interface
- Michael Kutswa: How to Perform a JWP Debugging
Once again, I’d like to thank those create experts for their contributions!
Finally, there were three technical articles from me:
- Points and Periods of Time in the AE Database
- Measuring System Performance
- Automic Analytics Datastore Maintenance
The Membership Platform
The main reason why I wasn’t able to blog as much as I would have liked last year was that I put a lot of energy into the new membership platform.
It is an online training portal (in German) for which I and – at the moment – 4 other creators draw up courses, tutorials, and tools. General information about this can be found here on the blog and of course on the membership page itself.
The platform went live with some exciting content on October 9th, and new ones have been added every week since then.
In the meantime there are:
- 14 Tutorials
- 6 Courses
- 4 Tools
- 6 Webinar Recordings
And content is also planned for the next few weeks.
If you want to take a closer look at this, simply register for a free test account.